You just approached that cutie on the streets…
And have been chatting her up for about 30 minutes.
- You made her giggle.
- You gave her high fives.
- And… your lame jokes made her crack up.
But here’s the problem, the both of you know that the conversation can’t go on forever because…
She has to leave soon…
You decide to whip out your phone and ask for the number and all of sudden she goes…
I’m sorry, my mom said I shouldn’t give my numbers out to strangers I just met…
Wait… but doesn’t making her laugh guarantee a phone number?
Was it because you asked for it too soon? Or too late…?
Nope, there’s a lot more to it than that “one weird technique” you used to acquire her digits because the truth is:
If you are constantly thinking about getting her number, you are doing something wrong.
In this post, I will share with you 5 simple tips that will help you out whenever you are contemplating on busting out your smartphone.
In the end, you’ll learn how to be different and memorable from the other guys because I’ll tell you why it’s bad to leave early after getting the number and what you can do instead.
First tip of the iceberg…
Tip 1: Focus on Building a Solid Initial Interaction.
What is the purpose of getting a girl’s number?
Is it to prove to all your guy friends that you are a master pimp persuader?
Of course not, I’ll tell you the one and only reason WHY you are getting her number:
To text her, and eventually meet up with her again.
That’s it. No bullshit.
And the only way to ensure that she will give you her digits is if you left a solid impression in her eyes.
Now, the mistake that most guys make is that…
Instead of building a solid initial interaction, they focus way too much on the number…
Why Phone Numbers Don’t Mean Jack S*it
Do you think that just because she gave you her number…
That she will 100% text you back… And will want to meet up with you again?
If your answer is yes, you are simply being delusional.
The truth hurts. And that is…
Most girls hand their phone numbers out because they aren’t confident enough to reject you.
And also… Her giving you the number…
- Is a way for her self-validation from her friends.
- Is a way for her to not seem like a bitch.
- Is a way for her to validate her own ego… etc.
But don’t let that scare you because certainly… not all girls are like this.
So what is one of the things you can do in order to build a solid initial interaction?
Tip 2: Don’t Leave Right Away After Getting Her Number.
First, let’s briefly talk about how I like to get girls number.
As I said before, this part really doesn’t matter.
So you probably understand by now that any number you get…
is a reflection of how well your initial interaction went.
If you don’t have a solid initial interaction, no matter how good you are at texting…
She won’t magically see you for the cool guy you are.
Instead of asking for her number… like how most guys do it…
Tell her to give you her number:
- Ask her if she likes sushi, ice cream, whatever it is…
- If she says yes, hand her your phone as you say “Ok, we’ll do this the next time we hangout”…
- Say it with belief and no hesitation.
Okay. Now let’s talk about why leaving right away after getting the number is bad…
Also known as pre-ejeculating.,,
Most guys think getting the number is the main priority when you approach and interact with a hot girl you just met.
What does it communicate to a girl if you leave as soon as you get her digits?
It displays low value behavior…
- It shows that you were more interested in her number than being with her physical body.
- It shows that you didn’t really care about getting to know but rather only to get her digits.
Don’t Be That Guy That “Picked Her Up”, Be The Guy That She “Hung out With”
You have two options:
- If she is busy then, take her number down and continue chatting for a few more minutes…
- If she is free then, take her on an instant date…
That is why I always like to figure out their time-constraint in the beginning of the conversation…
Which is another word for how much time they have available in that very moment.
If they are free, you guys can go on an adventure but if not…
Tip 3: Make it Clear That You Guys Will Hangout Again.
Now that you understand the main goal of what the number is for…
Which is to make plans with her for the future date/meet up…
You must keep in mind that with every interaction you have with a girl:
- Instead of focusing on the number, focus on the date.
- Instead of figuring out tricks and ways to get her number, open up her brain on what it will feel to see you again.
The general rule of thumb is let’s say you only have 10 minutes to talk to a girl…
You can ask for the number 6-7 minutes into the conversation, then end it off with an engaging 3-4 minutes conversation.
Role-play Date Ideas: Use the word “We” to Build That Togetherness
This is a little concept that I like to use whenever I’m interacting with a girl.
There is a pickup artist jargon word called future projections.
This means making her visualize you and her doing whatever activity it is in the future.
On our first date, we will grab a cup of coffee and take a walk at the park!
On our first meet up, we will go to the beach and craft a boat and sail to a nearby island!
On our first meet up, we will grab sushi… Wait, I bet you suck at using chopsticks. I’ll have to teach you!
See what I did for that last one there? 😉
Tip 4: Give Her Your Number Instead And Have Her Text You.
Some girls are very shy…
And because of social conditioning:
Even if they like you, they won’t like to admit it.
And because of that…
Sometimes it’s better to reduce the social pressure and have her take down your number instead.
I’ve seen so many guys act so stubborn and think it’s “beta-male behavior” to give the girl your number instead… but I disagree:
Here’s what I like to do:
- Tell her to take down your number.
- Grab her phone, and input your name with an heart emoji.
- Send yourself a text with something really cheesy.
- And now you have her number without you even asking for it.
One last thing to keep in mind is…
Never give the girl your number without her texting you on the spot. Because, chances are… She will either forget, or rationalize into herself being a “slut” or “too easy” and end up not texting you.
Either you grab her number and text her…
Or… she grabs your number and texts you right then and there so you have it as well.
Tip 5: Use 1 Out of 5 of these Apps To Get In Contact With Her.
Did you know that there are ways to keep in contact with her?
It doesn’t always have to be her phone number.
Think outside of the box.
Use as many resources as you can.
And don’t limit yourself to just phone numbers…
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve successfully met up with girls through one of these 5 apps I’m about to mention.
Ask the girl “What is the best way to contact you?”… Then decide from there…
Here are 5 apps you can use to keep in touch with a girl…
- We Chat.
- Facebook Messenger.
- What’s App.
Why We Chat:
- Newsfeed feature for social proof. Similar to Facebook but better.
- Voice push-to-talk feature. Perfect for if you have a sexy voice.
- Choose from thousands of cute stickers/emojis to send.
- Send live snapshots while texting.
- Send live locations of where you’re at. Ideal for meeting up with your date.
Why Facebook Messenger:
- Almost everyone uses Facebook.
- Great app to build trust. Social proof through newsfeed.
- Less pressure compared to getting her number.
Why What’s App:
- Mainly to keep in touch with tourist girls that don’t have sim cards.
- Wifi video-calling feature to build some trust before the date.
- Sneak peak into your own awesome lifestyle.
- Great to build investment through built in filters.
- New story feature similar to Snapchat for social proof.
- Every girl wants to have more followers.
Because you made it to the end. I’ll give you an extra bonus tip:
You should always get into the habit of getting her number every time you approach a girl…
Even if you don’t think she’s interested in you because…
- Girls are a creature of emotions. She may be into you in one second, and she may despise you in another. She could change her mind and decide to give you a chance.
- If you left a great impression, she might talk you up in front of her friends and introduce you to them.
So next time, regardless of whether you think the interaction went good or not…
Take down her number. You’ll thank me later on 😉